Thursday, May 05, 2005

Coopers Test

Wow! A great start to the training season! We ran from Eileen Dailly to Empire Stadium, where we did the 12-minute Coopers running test. I managed 2370 metres, my longest ever. Then we ran back, straight up and over Triumph, and for a change, I ran the whole thing. Usually I give in and walk.

I felt very strong - it was wonderful. I had kind of an epiphany during a spinnning class a couple fo weeks ago: no matter how tough it is doing that, and how much I want to ease up, I never do. It suddenly occurred to me that if I can keep going on the bike, I should be bringing that to running. One of those "duh!" moments - it's not like I don't tell clinic participants how important the mental thing is, but it hadn't really sunk in with me, I guess.

The site to see where you measure up on Coopers.
http://www.peworld.org/fitnesstesting/coopers_run.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home